Each day more and more companies use freelance contracts It is a way to outsource the services that are not profitable for the company. This document allows an independent professional (freelance) to perform punctual work for a company for a certain period. Don’t you know what is a freelance yet? Keep reading these lines.
What is a freelance model?
The freelance is an independent professional who has a collaboration contract to perform punctual work in a company. This agreement allows to outsource certain services or works of the company, because they are not profitable for it and would be a disadvantage to make them. Thanks to the outsourcing we can obtain a multitude of benefits. Among them are economic savings or the fact of having a specialized worker without having to train the personnel of the company.
The main features of the freelance contract are:
- The freelancer is an independent professional, so he must be established as self-employed.
- No employment relationship is established between the worker and the company, so the freelancer is responsible for their labour costs.
- The independent professional can carry out projects for different companies at the same time.
- Duration of the freelance contract is determined. The delivery date is agreed in advance in the contract.
- The freelancer determines his/her work schedule.
- Freelancer work is paid based on the project carried out and the result obtained.
- After the conclusion of the agreement, the parties have no obligation to continue with their relation.
- The work or services to be done by the freelancer are reflected on the document.
Content of the freelance contract
Do you know what a freelancer is, but you don’t know how to make the contract? When developing a work independently, contractual security is a must. The income of the professional depends on it. Among the main points that a freelance contract must contain are the following:
- Personal data: It must contain data from both parties.
- Work: You must describe in detail what the work and its characteristics consist of.
- Duration: The duration of the contract and the date of delivery of the work must be specified.
- Price: It will define the amount to be paid, in addition to the deadline and the payment method.
- Changes: The contract must reflect what will happen in case of changes of some kind or if there will be additional payments.
- Cancellation: It should specify the conditions by which the project can be cancelled.
- Responsibilities and obligations should be defined.
- Property of the job: The document should specify who is the owner until the moment of payment.
- Copyright: The restrictions of the material to be used must be known.
- Signature: It must be signed by both parties.
- Annexes: You should include accompanying documents that delimit the benefits and all the characteristics of the work (place, materials, machinery…)
Benefits of the freelance contract
Advantages for the company
- Lower operating costs: The independent professional takes care of the costs necessary to develop his work. In addition, the company avoids paying vacations and salary bonus.
- You avoid paying Social Security: The freelance will pay his own social security fees and sick leave.
- Better organization: The company has more time to attend other issues.
- Responsibility: By depending on their earnings, freelancers are often responsible for their work.
- Project enrichment: You will have the opinion of a professional with experience in various areas.
- Layoffs: There is no compensation for dismissal.
Advantages of being a freenlacer
- Activity: Flexibility in establishing the object of the contract.
- Independence: You can determine your schedules and place of work.
- Earnings: Possibility of obtaining a higher remuneration. That is because the money you earn is proportional to the work you do. You can also do projects for several companies.
- Learning: By working on a wide variety of projects, the worker acquires skills very quickly.
- Price: You can agree on a fixed price of the project or by objectives.
- There is no overtime work: You charge the work you do.
Now you know what a freelancer is. Remember that the contract must be made in writing. It should also be expressed in a simple and clear way. It is essential to detail all working conditions correctly, because this will avoid future conflicts. By doing this, it is easier to find a solution to any problem.
Don’t you know yet what is a freelancer? Have you doubts about the realization of the contract? Then contact our specialist lawyers and they will help you.